Record Suspension Services in Toronto

If you’ve been convicted of a criminal offense in the past, your criminal record could stand in the way of doing some things you’d like to do. Pardons Canada is a non-profit organization that specializes in helping people to remove a past criminal offense in Toronto from the public record.

How Does A Record Suspension Work?

Record Suspensions, previously known as pardons, allow people who have been convicted of a criminal offense, have completed their sentence and have demonstrated themselves to be law-abiding citizens to have their criminal records removed from the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) database. When the federal government issues a Record Suspension, it means that a search done through CIPC will not show a criminal record for the individual in question.

Why You Should Get a Toronto Record Suspension

A criminal record can have far-reaching implications and negatively impact your life, no matter how long ago the conviction took place. Here are just a few examples.

Avoid Discrimination, Job Loss, and US Entry Refusal… Let us get you a Clean Record.

Your Career

The Toronto employment market is very competitive and getting a Record Suspension removes possible obstacles in your way. Many employers require a criminal record search prior to hiring someone, and some have begun using the practice for existing employees who have applied for a promotion. The same frequently holds true for companies who are seeking individuals or businesses for subcontracting work. Even charities conduct criminal record searches for potential volunteers.

Finding A Place to Live

If you want to rent a home or apartment in the future, you should be aware that most landlords seek tenants who don’t have a criminal record. It can also make it harder to obtain a mortgage.

Travel and Immigration

Your criminal record could also make traveling abroad, including to the U.S., more difficult or impossible. Without getting a Record Suspension, it also makes obtaining Canadian citizenship or Canadian permanent resident status very difficult.

Your Family Life

Without a Record Suspension, a criminal record could stand in your way should you wish to adopt a child sometime down the road. It can also work against you in matters of child custody.

If you think a Record Suspension sounds right for you, contact Pardons Canada right away. Our toll-free number is 1-877-929-6011, or in Toronto, call 416-929-6011. You can also visit our walk-in center located at 45 St. Clair West, Suite 902 between 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. Our consultations are free, and no appointment is necessary.