Many people are uncertain whether landlords can ask for a criminal background check when renting a home or an apartment.

This recent article from the CBC shows that indeed having a criminal record can hinder your ability to rent or lease an apartment or home.

Once your pardon or record suspension is granted then there will no longer be a criminal record that shows up on CPIC so you will be safe to rent.

In order to obtain a pardon or record suspension you will need to be out of trouble for a certain period of time.  Then you will need to make an application to the government to obtain the pardon or record suspension.  Pardons Canada assists individuals to obtain the pardon so that in the future you will be safe and no longer have the burden of having a criminal record.

Here is the recent article with CBC:


Pardons Canada undertakes all necessary steps and procedures for removing your criminal record, including: Pardons/Record Suspensions, Purges, Photograph & Fingerprint Destruction, and U.S. Entry Waivers. Get Canada Record Suspension Today