What is a file destruction?

A file destruction is needed when an individual was charged, fingerprinted and/or attended criminal court, but was NOT convicted. A destruction refers to the destruction of local and federal records.

How do I submit my LPC if I no longer live in Canada?

If you are currently not living in Canada, you are still required to complete the LPC for Canadian addresses. You can either submit it yourself or have your Canadian contact submit it on your behalf. If your Canadian contact is submitting it for you, please contact the local police to find out what is required.…

Why do I need to redo my LPC?

There are a number of reasons why you may have to redo your LPC. The most common ones are: missing or incorrect information on the form or the LPC has become expired (it is only valid for 1 year).

How do I complete my LPC?

Pardons Canada will mail you detailed instructions on how to complete it and where it should be submitted. If you are doing an LPC for a city/town other than the one you are currently residing in, we will send you the contact information for that police jurisdiction. You will need to call them to obtain…

Why do I need to get my Local Police Check (LPC)?

As per the Parole Board of Canada guidelines, an LPC is required to determine that you have not been involved in any criminal activities in the area(s) that you have lived in the past 5 years. It may also disclose other non-criminal offences.